Giving Thanks For Giving
Do you have a special someone who you would like to thank for:
Always listening when you needed an ear
Being so inspirational and instrumental
Extending the helping hand whenever you are in need
Simply being an amazing friend
I was fortunate to have a wonderful college mentor Jen who has not only helped me navigate through my academic years but been instrumental in my career after school. Jen is one of the most caring and giving people I’ve known and her selflessness and willingness to help have touched many lives on and outside of the campus. Jen will be the special someone that I’ll be thanking for the rest of my life!
This holiday season I am partnering with the good folks at Cooking Planit to celebrate the givers in your lives and communities. Please join me to recognize those exceptional individuals in your lives. By submitting a short story of this hidden hero, you will have a chance to win a $250 reward for your special someone and $100 for yourself. Five stories will be selected for the reward and the grand prize winner will receive $1,000 for the charity of their choice.
– Write in 300 words or less, on how a special individual has helped, inspired, and made a difference in the lives of others in your community.
– To summit your story, just visit Cooking Planit, either on their amazing blog or the facebook page.
– Please see complete contest rules, please visit Cooking Planit’s Giving Thanks for Giving page.
– Five hidden heros, selected from all submissions, will each get a $250 gift card!
– If your special person is selected, you will receive a $100 gift card!
– Gift cards will be given in time to celebrate Thanksgiving!
– Additionally, ONE winner, picked from the five, will win $1,000 to give to a charity of your choice.
When to Submit:
– Submit your story between October 18 – November 1, 2013.
– Five winners of $250.00 will be announced, one each day, beginning November 18, 2013.
– Grand prize winner, of $1,000 charity donation by Cooking Planit, will be announced November 23, 2013.