Chocolate-Strawberry Panna Cotta
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!
IF finding that perfect gift for your loved one and planning the most romantic dinner for two of you have not wearied you down at this point congratulations you’ve survived this year’s Valentine’s Day!
However if are you still fiddling around with different ideas and various options have you thought about impressing your Valentine with a homemade meal? Have about preparing this rose sashimi rice bowl I “cooked” last year around this time. It fits the romantic theme very well and it is also easy to put together.
Since I am not cooking the dinner this year my focus is all on the dessert. To most of us, Valentine’s Day is normally centered around flowers, romantic dinner, and most importantly chocolate. I don’t deny the fact that chocolate reigns supreme when it comes to the favorite treats on Valentine’s Day however this year I determined to something slightly different.
Instead of purchasing a box of heart shaped chocolate, I’ve made this elegant chocolate strawberry panna cotta. Although panna cotta is an easy dessert to make, the creamy, silky texture with fresh strawberries make this simple dessert a great dish for a special occasion such as Valentine’s Day.
By combining the rich chocolate flavor with fresh strawberry, this panna cotta is designed to impress! Now with little effort and some patience, you’ll be able to pull out this magical dessert right out of your fridge at the perfect moment 🙂
The ingredients you need are fairly common. Make sure you buy enough heavy cream.
To make the chocolate layer:
Dissolve the Gelatine in cold whole milk.
Warm up the heavy cream in a double steamer and mix in the hot chocolate mix and coca power.
Add Gelatine mixture to the heavy cream mixture.
Filter the mixture with a mesh strainer.
Fill 1/3 of a martini glass with the chocolate layer
To make the strawberry layer:
Blend the strawberry and heavy cream.
Filter the heavy cream mixture through a mesh strainer.
Warm up another batch of heavy cream and make another batch of Gelatine mixture. Combine these two with the blended strawberry mixture.
Add the strawberry mixture on top of the solidified chocolate layer. Bring the martini glass back to the fridge or another hour.
Make the strawberry jam by cooking the chopped strawberry with sugar. Gently turn the glass upside down and remove the panna cotta from the glass.
Decorate with some strawberry, strawberry jam, and coca powder.
|Chocolate-Strawberry Panna Cotta|
- Chocolate Layer
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup Milk
- 4 tbsp Hot Chocolates Mix
- 2 tbsp Coca Powder
- 1/2 bag of Gelatine (1 oz)
- Strawberry Layer
- 2.5 cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup milk
- 5-8 medium size Strawberry
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 bag Gelatine (2 oz)
For the chocolate layer:
- Mix the Gelatine with the cold whole milk. Let the Gelatine fully dissolve.
- Set up a double steamer on stove. Warm up the heavy cream and mixture in the hot chocolate mix and coca power.
- Turn off heat and add the milk-Gelatine to the coca – heavy cream mixture. Stir to mix well.
- For a smoother texture, filter the mixture with a mesh strainer.
- Use a ladle to fill up to 1/3 your glassware of the choice. Leave it in the fridge for an hour or until solidified.
For the strawberry layer:
- In a blender, combine ½ lb of strawberry and 1.5 cup of heavy cream. Blend until smooth.
- Use a mesh strainer, with the help of a spoon, filter out any big strawberry pieces, leaving only the smooth creamy goodness.
- Repeat step 1 and warm up another 1 cups of heavy cream in the double steamer. Repeat step 3 without adding the coca and hot chocolate mix. Then take the mixture off the stove, combine these two with the blended strawberry mixture.
- Add the strawberry mixture on top of the solidified chocolate layer. Bring the glassware back to the fridge or another hour.
- Make your own strawberry jam by cooking the chopped strawberry and sugar in low heat from about 5 minutes. Turn the glassware upside down on a plate and let it sit in room temperature. Gently remove the panna cotta from the glassware. Decorate with some fresh strawberry, strawberry jam, and cocoa powder.